Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tentative

Well, I think I did jinx it. And the shift I felt must have been gas.

Ok, that's not entirely fair.

But I might have been a bit premature in my prediction that I was back to writing again. Script Frenzy didn't work out, I almost quit the Confabulator Cafe, and I almost resigned myself to never being a writer. Again.

I won't say that things are better. Not now. Not yet. But I think they are getting better. I've analyzed my writer's block and have found the source. This week at the Confabulator Cafe, we're talking about when we feel good about our writing, and reading all my fellow Confabulator's posts, I'm reminded why I used to write in the first place.

For the love of it - the way I feel when I'm creating something from nothing, something new. For getting lost in my own mind for hours. For those moments when my conscious mind lets go and the story seems to write itself. To write the story I want to read.

So I'm tentatively dipping my toe in the water. Writing a couple of short stories that will never see the light of day. Stories I probably won't even edit. And then June 1st I will begin Camp Nanowrimo. I hope to have better success with that then Script Frenzy. Camp Nano was great for me last year, so I can only hope it is just as good this year.

I'm not saying it's time to try again. I'm saying it's time to see if it's time to try again.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! :D I think it's going to be fun to do Camp NaNo this year.

    I know that for me, when writing with purpose makes me want to throw myself out the window, I do the same thing -- easily managed shot pieces that aren't intended for anything but fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sort of a double edged sword for me. If I don't have a purpose, I lolly-gag and don't write, but if it's too serious of a purpose, I freeze up. I need to find a happy medium or I'm never going to make it as a writer. Camp NaNo will be a blast, though. Can't wait! I wonder if we should set up a planning meeting...

      Delete