Friday, January 11, 2013

January Desolation

January is always a tough month for me, writing-wise. I tend to suffer from seasonal affective disorder, so I'm always bummed out, I still feel burned out from writing frantically for the entire month of November, and I'm exhausted from the holidays. And lazy from the holidays. I always take a lot of time off to do nothing with family and friends, so when January hits, it's all I can do to get myself back into my responsibilities as an adult, and to get back to work.

This year is just like every other. The only difference is work is overwhelming me right now - we're down a staff member and my boss is going on vacation next week - so when I get home at the end of the day, all I want to do is watch TV and go to bed early.

Combine that with another botched job in my mouth by my dentist, and my motivation to work towards my writing career is nil.

I have to keep reminding myself that I go through this every year. I make a lot of goals at the beginning of each year and get down on myself for not immediately working on them, but January is a brutal month. I can forgive myself for slacking in January. Or at least not get too down on myself for slacking in January.

Which basically means I have nothing to report, as far as my personal writing career progress.

You should go check out the Confabulator Cafe, though. It's still going strong. We have a new member, new topics, and a new look for this year. For any new material from me, that's where you'll have to go to find it for now. I post every Tuesday.


3 comments:

  1. Don't give up! I've read your blogs and some of your writing and you're better than many that have been published, so it's just a matter of time until you find success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both. I'm managing to hold on. My knuckles are white, but I'm still clinging, hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete