Friday, September 7, 2012

Shadows of the Mind Anthology

Shadows of the Mind
Last week was a tough week, and I apologize for the lack of updates. I've now successfully lived through the two year anniversary of my Mom's passing. For some reason this year was more difficult than the year before. I'm not sure why that is, but I've been in a funk for weeks. I just didn't have it in me to do any updating.

HOWEVER!

I am excited to update you all today, because I have BIG NEWS!

The Shadows of the Mind anthology, put out by Trinity Gateways, featuring my short story "Who's For Dinner?" is now available for purchase on Amazon.

My first book is for sale! On Amazon! My name is in the list of featured authors!

I've been close to hyperventilating since I got the email. I am so excited I could pee my pants. Especially after the three cups of coffee I drank this morning.

But I won't.

I've added this to my Read My Stuff page. It doesn't look so naked now! Right now the only version available for purchase is the Kindle ebook. I've been told that a printed copies as well as an EPUB version will be available sometime in the coming weeks. 

I have to thank all of the brilliant folks at the Confabulator Cafe and all of my writing buddies (including Jessi!) for this. Without them, without the huge project that is the Confabulator Cafe, this story never would have come into being, and I never would have been brave enough to start submitting my work.

You guys are amazing. You are my heroes and my family. I am so happy to know you and be involved in such an awesome group. This is your win as much as it is mine. Thank you for all of your support!

Also, a big thanks goes out to my actual family for always believing in me and supporting me. Emily, Aron, Daddy-o, I love you guys.

The biggest thanks, though, goes out to my boyfriend, Jack Campbell, Jr.  He's the one who helped me figure out the end to this particular story. He's the one that has led by example by endlessly submitting everything he's written until it gets accepted. I never would have began submitting if it weren't for his support and encouragement. I love you, Jack.

I'm officially a published writer!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!

    I'm so sorry you had a rough time. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    I just purchased a copy which now resides on my Kindle. I've also posted a link to it on my blog: http://www.theworldofkrsmith.com/2012/09/more-news-from-around-world.html

    (You'll have to scroll down a bit to see it - I had news from several writers on that post - sorry!)

    ReplyDelete