Thursday, June 2, 2011

Your blog has been created!

Or so blogspot tells me, anyway.

I know I have about a dozen blogs already, but this is a special blog. This is my Prospective Writer blog.

From dictionary.com:

pro·spec·tive

adjective
1.    looking towards the future
2.    potential, likely, anticipated or expected


This blog will be a record of my journey. Which journey would that be, you ask? Well, maybe you don't ask, because the blog title is pretty telling. But for those of you who, like me, sometimes miss the big bold print: this is for my journey as a writer.

Not just any old writer, though. I already am a writer. I've been a writer since 1st grade when I wrote Sara and Cristina Go to Numberland for a class project. No, it's more than that. This past New Years I made a resolution (I really do try to achieve those silly things): my resolution, my goal, is to be a published writer within the next ten years. It was my 30th birthday, and I decided that it was time to get serious, and try to get published before I turn 40. I've toyed with a number of different career paths, but if I am truly honest with myself, I want to be a writer when I grow up.

And this means it's time to write. It's time to produce, it's time to finish projects that have been half-written for years, and once I have a substantial body of work, I will start trying to get published. Whether it be sending out query letters or self publishing online, my books will be available for people to buy.

So welcome, friends. Visit me often on my journey. I'll share with you the speed-bumps and the summits mounted, and I'll even let you read some of my work (you can find current works here, and I'll let you know when new stuff goes up). Now, go put on some hiking boots, grab some trail snacks, and let's hit the road.

Let the quest officially begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment