Friday, August 5, 2011

Pages

Insert Myst reference here
Since I started this blog back in June, it has been slowly evolving. I customized the look and feel, where things are, what gadgets I include, and I am constantly fiddling with all of that. Then I discovered the brilliance of pages! So I began adding them (possibly in excess), and I tweak those quite a bit, too.

If you haven't had the chance, I encourage you to check them out and let me know what you think. Do you like the pages? Are there too many? Is there enough content on them? Or too much? Do they need more pictures? Are they easy to navigate? Do the titles on the tabs make sense? Can you even find where the tabs for the pages are??

I suppose what I am asking is for you to critique my website. I am open to any and all suggestions or feedback. This blog will continue to evolve as I figure out what works and what doesn't, what people like and don't like, and also where I am on my path to publication. Maybe one of these days the "Read My Stuff" tab will become a bibliography for stuff I've actually published instead of stuff I've just posted on the internet.

Today I added the "Current Writing Projects" page. I don't think anyone saw the boxes at the bottom of the home page that list what I'm currently reading and writing. I decided that I would like to showcase my projects so people who are interested can really see what I am working on and where I'm at with the project. It will be another way to illustrate my process, which is one of the primary functions of this website.

Maybe someday I will actually have fans and that tab will be of interest to them. In the meantime, I suppose it's mostly for myself and my dear friends and family who only read it because they love me. If you are reading this purely because you want to, then I am your fan. Can I get your autograph?

No comments:

Post a Comment